Defending champions Gaynstead High, St Catherine High, and former champions Excelsior High remain unbeaten among the seniors with impressive wins after two sets of matches in the second round of the ISSA Urban Area Netball Competition.Gaynstead, coached by Dalton Hinds, are leading the pack in Group B despite losing several of their top players from last year’s winning team. With goalshooter Kelsey Jonas and goal Attack Britany Logan in good form, they first stopped José Martí High School 59-13 before getting by a formidable Camperdown High School 46-19 to give the east Kingston team its first defeat of the season.Excelsior High School, coached by Christopher Smart, and St Catherine High School, coached by Phyllis Thompson, are on course for a big clash as both have picked up two big wins to jointly lead Group A. Excelsior dumped St Andrew High School for Girls 59-13 before routing Jonathan Grant High School 68-7. St Catherine’s big wins came over Jonathan Grant, 64-7, and Merl Grove High School, 60-13.n Camperdown 25-22 Campionn Holy Childhood 30-29 Merl Groven Norman Manley 32-23 Queen’sn Norman Manley 41-21 Campionn Holy Childhood 30-19 St Andrewn Queen’s 43-15 José Martí
Juan Pablo Montoya, left, and Helio Castroneves rebounded from early struggles to post top-five finishes at the Milwaukee Mile Sunday. (Jeffrey Phelps, AP)WEST ALLIS, Wis. — A crash at the Milwaukee Mile dealt a significant setback to Will Power’s bid for a second straight Verizon IndyCar Series championship.But considering the fact that Helio Castroneves had to start at the back of the pack because of a penalty and Juan Pablo Montoya got caught speeding on pit road, things could have been even worse for Team Penske on Sunday.Despite the setbacks, Castroneves wound up finishing second and Montoya finished fourth — allowing Montoya to hold onto the IndyCar Series points lead. Montoya came into Milwaukee with a 46-point lead on Power, and leaves with a 54-point lead over Scott Dixon.“We grew our points lead with only four races to go,” Montoya said.RACE RECAP: Sebastien Bourdais wins Wisconsin 250It wasn’t Penske’s best day, but it wasn’t a complete disaster, either.“At times, it was a little bit hard to start from the back, no question,” Castroneves said. “But the team delivered the pit stops very well, and that put us in position to fight for the win.”Things didn’t end up nearly as well for Power, who got caught up in a crash when Ryan Briscoe spun just after a restart on lap 131. The 22nd-place finish knocks Power back to fifth in the IndyCar Series points standings, 70 behind Montoya; he came into Milwaukee in second place in the standings.“I saw (Briscoe) start to spin and I gave it some gas,” Power said. “I thought I was going to get by him. Unfortunately I didn’t and he took me and we’re done. I guess you can’t get frustrated. You’ve got to keep moving on. Eventually it will change. We’re just going to keep focused and move on to the next one.”Simon Pagenaud finished a respectable ninth for Penske.BOURDAIS: Quietly building strong IndyCar legacyThe day started with Penske being uncharacteristically off target in qualifying, with the most notable mistake by Castroneves’ team. His crew didn’t get its car in line for qualifying 10 minutes before their scheduled run, as required by IndyCar rules. That meant he had to start at the back of the pack.“It was really frustrating,” Castroneves said. “Obviously there was a mistake, showing up 10 minutes late for the line. And certainly, I heard the weekend before, Fontana, somebody had the same issue. So these are the rules they really enforce.”None of the other Penske cars qualified particularly well, with Montoya eighth, Power 14th and Pagenaud 17th.THUMBS UP, THUMBS DOWN: From the Milwaukee MileThen Montoya earned a drive-through penalty for a a pit road speeding violation just before the race’s halfway point, dropping him out of the top five all the way back to 15th.“We pitted early and I was running third and I came for a stop and I downshifted and I pressed the (pit speed limiter) button,” Montoya said. “I don’t know if I didn’t press the button hard enough or something and we got behind the eight ball there. We made a good call to keep me out and it was fun. It was a tough, hard race but it was fun.”
CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) — George Mason coach Dave Paulsen understands it will take time for the Patriots to become a polished group on offense. Their showing against Mississippi was a good start.Ole Miss opened the Gildan Charleston Classic with a 68-62 loss to George Mason on Thursday.The Patriots (1-2) won their first game since Paulsen took over last March, outlasting the Rebels of the Southeastern Conference 68-62 to open the Charleston Classic on Thursday.Shevon Thompson had 19 points, 16 rebounds and three blocks to lead the Patriots, who saw their 13-point second-half lead disappear before rallying back.“We’re a work in progress offensively, so that’s to be expected,” Paulsen said of the late breakdowns. “A couple of the plays our freshmen made the last minute, I think they’re trying to put me in the box. But they bounced back.”Marquise Moore had the biggest plays down the stretch for George Mason. He hit his only 3-pointer after Ole Miss had come from 52-39 down to tie the game at 56-all.Moore again came through after the Rebels (2-1) closed to 61-60 with 91 seconds left with a driving layup that seemed to catch Ole Miss on their heels.Thompson’s defense came into play with a block on Sebastian Saiz in the final minute with Mississippi down just three. The Patriots closed with a 7-1 run.Ole Miss coach Andy Kennedy said the 6-foot-11 Thompson was decisive and effective beneath the basket. Thompson made his first six shots before forcing the Rebels to pack down low with more than one defender.“We allowed Thompson to get to his left hand and he shot over the top of us a couple of times,” Kennedy said. “I thought he was really dominant against us.”Jaire Grayer had 15 points and Moore 12 for the Patriots. Stefan Moody led Ole Miss with 18 points, 13 coming in the second half.Saiz came into this game with double-doubles in his first two contests for the Rebels. But he was just 3 of 9 with Thompson underneath.Mississippi was looking to build on its solid start and open 3-0 for the fourth time in five seasons. But the Rebels got off slowly, going 2 of 10 from the floor to fall behind. COLD SHOOTING The Ole Miss starters struggled to hit shots against George Mason. Other than Stefan Moody, who made 7 of 12, the four other starters combined to go 9 of 35. That included double-digit average scorers Saiz and Sam Finley. Saiz finished 3 of 9 while Finley was 4 of 14. The Rebels shot 34.8 percent for the game, their lowest showing this season. EXTRA PASS All 15 of George Mason’s assists came from their starting five. 6-8 senior Marko Gujanicic led the way with six while Otis Livingston and Moore had three apiece. Paulsen said he liked seeing his players find their open teammates. TIP-INS George Mason: The Patriots are back in the Charleston Classic for the first time since 2010. That year, they defeated Charlotte in the opener before falling to North Carolina State and Wofford.Mississippi: The Rebels are 18-6 in regular-season tournaments in Kennedy’s previous nine seasons. They won the Emerald Coast Classic in 2014, the Barclays Classic in 2013 and the San Juan Shootout in 2007. UP NEXT George Mason will play either Oklahoma State or Towson here Friday.Mississippi will play either Oklahoma State or Towson here Friday.
Henry has impressed for QPRQPR boss Harry Redknapp has hinted that the midfield partnership of Sandro and Karl Henry is now his first choice.The pair have impressed in recent matches after Sandro returned to fitness and Henry, who was very much a fringe player, was selected because the likes of Joey Barton and Jordon Mutch are injured.And Barton and Mutch could struggle to get their places back in the side after Redknapp suggested he hopes the Sandro-Henry combination continues.AdChoices广告Meanwhile, Diego Costa has travelled with the Chelsea squad for their Champions League game against Maribor but John Mikel Obi is still struggling with a knee problem.There has been transfer speculation today involving Chelsea and Rangers.Chelsea are set to sign winger Zakaria Bakkali from PSV Eindhoven, the Express say, while the Evening Standard reckon Jermain Defoe will get a three-year contract worth £90,000 a week at QPR.Elsewhere, a match between Brentford’s development side – who were 2-0 down – and Maidenhead United was abandoned after 54 minutes because of a waterlogged pitch.And in rugby union, Harlequins boss Conor O’Shea has praised his youngsters for the mental strength they showed against Saracens. Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook
Chelsea youngster Ola Aina is set to complete a loan move to Torino.The deal will include the option of a permanent move if Aina does well at the Italian club.Defender Aina, 21, has made three Premier League appearances for Chelsea, all as a substitute.AdChoices广告Most of his first-team experience came last season on loan at Hull City. He made 47 appearances for the Tigers.A number of other clubs, including PSV Eindhoven, have expressed an interest in Aina this summer. See also:Courtois only left for family reasons, agent insistsRudiger impressed with new Chelsea keeper KepaMusonda scores as Chelsea youngsters draw with EvertonBakayoko completes loan move to MilanWillian says he would have left had Conte stayed Embed from Getty Images Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook
The media in Scotland confirmed today that Glasgow Rangers are interested in Christian Malinov.It has been clear for some time that a team from the Scottish championship has a desire to take the defensive midfielder of the “reds”, but the name of this club has already been clarified.Rangers asked Malinov from CSKA!And many more teams The headquarters of the manager of the “blues”, Steven Gerrard, personally recommended Malinov to the legend of Liverpool, who gave his consent in principle for the player to start playing for “Ibrox”. Source: GettyImagesIt is also known that the Belgian Standart and Mechelen, as well as the Dutch Vites are interested in the Bulgarian.Even the team from Liège contacted the bosses of CSKA, and they were told that they could have Malinov for two million euros.Rangers asked Malinov from CSKA!And many more teams
The French magazine explained the Blues had recently reached out to the Paris Saint-Germain defender’s entourage about a potential move this summer when the player will be a free agent, and the interest was received favourably.However, it was made clear Kurzawa wanted to first know what Chelsea’s intentions were, as he knew both Marcos Alonso and Emerson Palmieri already occupy his role in the squad.Well, we speculated this could mean one of the two could be on their way out, and Luca Marchetti, a journalist for Sky Italia, reckons it’s the latter.Embed from Getty ImagesHe said in an editorial for TuttoMercatoWeb and relayed by Area Napoli: “Juventus and Inter are already well informed for months about Emerson Palmieri, whom Chelsea wanted €40m for in January.“Today, the slightly lower prices could help. Maurizio Sarri and Antonio Conte know him well and would like him after having studied him and valued him at Stamford Bridge. Will he leave? It’s very likely because Chelsea are looking for someone on the left”.That last bit isn’t exactly news, as reports from both Portugal and France also suggested Chelsea were interested in Alex Telles, needing to fight Paris Saint-Germain for his signature.Kurzawa would be free, but Telles would cost around €30m, and if Marina Granovskaia can get something similar for Emerson Palmieri, then all the better.This is also echoed to some extent by Tuttosport, who claim on Friday the defender is moving ‘further and further away’ from Chelsea, but that before Juventus can make a move, they need to get rid of Mattia De Sciglio.by Taboolaby TaboolaSponsored LinksSponsored LinksPromoted LinksPromoted LinksTrending TodayForge of Empires – Free Online GameIf You Like to Play, this Game is a Must-HaveForge of Empires – Free Online GameUndo聽多多 Hearmore.asia1969年前出生的香港居民現可免費試戴頂尖的歐洲助聽器聽多多 Hearmore.asiaUndoHero WarsGetting this Treasure is impossible! Prove us wrong!Hero WarsUndoRaid: Shadow Legends | Free DownloadEven Non-Gamers Are Obsessed With This RPG Game (It’s Worth Installing!)Raid: Shadow Legends | Free DownloadUndo熱門話題小心會長過頭…網友推爆:「真的長得超誇張!」熱門話題UndoStanChart by CNBC CatalystDigitization in Banks Is No Longer About Efficiency, but Business Resilience. Don’t Get Left Behind.StanChart by CNBC CatalystUndoCNN with DBS BankWhat Banks Did To Help Corporations Mitigate Future CrisesCNN with DBS BankUndoKeto减肥1個簡單的妙招一夜「融化」腹部贅肉（今晚試試）Keto减肥UndoTemenos by CNBC CatalystIs a Digital Revolution Crucial for Banks to Stay Ahead in a Post-Pandemic World?Temenos by CNBC CatalystUndo Late on Thursday, it was revealed by France Football that Chelsea had started sniffing around Layvin Kurzawa.
Reuters) – South Africa fast bowler Kagiso Rabada will return home from the Indian Premier League (IPL) to avoid aggravating a back problem ahead of the Cricket World Cup, the Delhi Capitals said yesterday. The 23-year-old has been in fine form this season, claiming 25 wickets from 12 matches in the IPL, but sat out Wednesday’s game against Chennai Super Kings.Delhi said Rabada had been advised to return by Cricket South Africa as a precautionary measure.“It’s hard for me to leave the Delhi Capitals at this stage of the tournament. But with the World Cup just a month away, a collective decision has been made for me in this regard,” Rabada said in a statement. Third-placed Delhi have qualified for the IPL playoffs and play Rajasthan Royals in their last league game today.“It’s been a tremendous season for me with Delhi Capitals, both on and off the field, and I truly believe that our team can win the trophy,” Rabada added.Rabada’s fellow paceman Dale Steyn was also ruled out of the IPL last month after a flare-up of an old shoulder injury, putting his World Cup prospects in doubt. South Africa open their World Cup campaign against England at The Oval on May 30.
WJLA-TV(WASHINGTON) — Two Russian state jets departed Dulles International Airport on Saturday carrying expelled diplomats, according to Russian state media.On Monday, President Donald Trump ordered 60 Russian intelligence officers to leave the United States within seven days. White House officials said the expulsions were in response to the alleged poisoning attack on a former Russian spy in the United Kingdom earlier this month.The two jets, registered as RA-96023 and RA-96018, arrived at the airport outside Washington, D.C., at 10:29 a.m. and 12:16 p.m., respectively, on Friday afternoon.Several vans, two moving trucks and dozens of boxes were parked next to one of the jets at noontime Friday in an area away from the main terminal.The Russians ordered to leave the United States were given a seven-day grace period to make arrangements with their families, official said.The Russian embassy declined to comment.One of the jets, RA-96023, is commonly-used for transporting high-level Russian officials, including the head of Russia’s intelligence service.It was also reportedly used to pick up the Russian diplomats expelled from the UK, too, over the alleged spy poisoning.The Russians ordered to leave the United States were given a seven-day grace period to leave the country with their families, senior administration officials said Monday.Russia announced Thursday it would expel 60 U.S. diplomats and close the American consulate in St. Petersburg in retaliation against the coordinated wave of expulsions of dozens of Russian diplomats ordered by the United States and other countries.Copyright © 2018, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.Powered by WPeMatico Related
However, Barca’s win was tainted by Mateu Lahoz’s late show. The official sent off Araujo on his Barça debut for a last-man challenge on Javier Hernandez without even appearing to consult VAR, which may have reversed his soft decision. He then dismissed Dembele, too, during the protests which followed. Barcelona and Sevilla went into the game on the back of good results. Barca had won three in a row in all competitions since defeat at Granada and Sevilla came back to win 3-2 against Real Sociedad in their last match. Following Sunday’s game, the Catalan side are now second in the La Liga table with 16 points from eight matches, while Sevilla sit sixth with 13 points. 06/10/2019 Barca preceded to blow Sevilla away in eight first-half minutes. They increased their advantage thanks to a goal from Arturo Vidal after a good team move and a goal from Ousmane Dembele in the 35th minute made it 3-0. A free-kick from Messi — his first goal of the season — wrapped up the win before the late drama. Barcelona beat Sevilla 4-0 on Sunday to move second in La Liga but ended the game with nine men as Ronald Araujo and Ousmane Dembele were sent off late on. SPORT.es Suarez opened the scoring in the 27th minute after Sevilla’s Luuk de Jong missed a string of chances. The Uruguayan scored a brilliant bicycle kick after good work from Nelson Semedo. Luis Suarez, Arturo Vidal, Dembele and Lionel Messi were all on target as Barca made Sevilla pay for missing a number of chances to open the scoring at Camp Nou. CEST Upd. at 23:23