Naby Keita: The latest on Liverpool’s £70m-rated target after training incident

first_imgThe full Naby Keita training ground incident…🎥SPORT1, Facebook pic.twitter.com/Mab8DTIbmY— Empire of the Kop (@empireofthekop) July 24, 2017Keita, 22, is highly rated after his performances for RB Leipzig last term, who shocked Germany in their first campaign in the top flight. The central midfielder scored eight and assisted eight more in 32 appearances after moving to the club from Red Bull Salzburg.Keita staying put could mean Emre Can gets a new deal on Merseyside, to ward off reported interest from Juventus, with just one year left on his current contract. Liverpool are prepared to put off their pursuit of Naby Keita for 12 months, according to reports.The Times’ Paul Joyce claims the Reds are increasingly resigned to missing out on the RB Leipzig midfielder, whose contract has a £48million release clause that can be triggered in 2018.That figure would be significantly less than the £57m and £66m bids rejected by the Bundesliga runners-up this summer.The Guinean reportedly wants to complete a switch to Anfield, which would put Jurgen Klopp’s side in the driving seat going into the transfer window at the end of 2017/18.But Keita will not have done himself any favours if he stays put, after Leipzig training had to be cancelled by boss Ralph Hassenhutl following Keita’s brutal challenge on team-mate Diego Demme (see below). 1center_img Naby Keita: The midfielder reportedly wants to complete a switch to Anfield last_img read more

Guard deployment to state airports expanded

first_img AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREFrumpy Middle-aged Mom: My realistic 2020 New Year’s resolutions. Some involve doughnuts.“We tried to be very vocal about the fact we were going to begin random baggage inspection at the boarder gates to ensure that no beverages and liquids purchased in the sterile area were brought onto the aircraft,” said Nico Melendez, spokesman for the federal Transportation Security Administration. “That added to the workload of the TSA, and we needed help to carry out that function at the airports.” One of the main functions of the troops is to assist with secondary random baggage screening of passengers before they board their flights. California Highway Patrol officers and bomb-sniffing dogs have also been sent to a number of airports to assist with security duties. Bob Hope Airport spokesman Victor Gill said the airport has had few problems, even though most fliers use it for shorter trips for which they only bring carry-on luggage. SACRAMENTO – California National Guard troops have been deployed to additional airports throughout the state, including Bob Hope Airport in Burbank, in an effort to beef up security after last week’s heightened terror alerts, officials said Wednesday. The expansion follows the move by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger last week to send 300 troops to three major airports after reports of British authorities foiling a terrorist plot to blow up U.S.-bound planes. The deployment has grown to 600 troops covering eight airports – Los Angeles, Burbank, Ontario, Orange County, San Francisco, San Diego, San Jose and Oakland. The troops were sent at the request of federal security officials at the individual airports, who said they needed assistance with baggage screening and other security measures. The new screening procedures that prohibit liquids, gels and aerosols in carry-ons simply mean more people are now checking their baggage. “Aside from the morning of Thursday, Aug. 10, we have not seen at all the same kind of delays that were characteristic of that first day,” Gill said. Several airports said that while they are still advising passengers to arrive at least two hours before their flights, the delays caused by the additional screening measures have now subsided. Los Angeles International Airport officials are advising passengers to arrive two hours early for domestic flights and three hours for international flights. That is the same advance time the airport was recommending prior to the new terror alerts, primarily because summer is a busy time for travel, LAX spokeswoman Nancy Castles said. harrison.sheppard@dailynews.com (916) 446-6723160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!last_img read more